Some of these articles are getting a bit long in the tooth, going back coming on 10 years. How time flies. We've kept them here for archival reasons, and to keep aglimpse at how the web once was, and our obsessions long ago.
Here you'll find articles, opinion pieces and general help that deal with some of the big ideas in CSS and standards based web development that we all need to think about.
- The state of the art in Australian web development - Comprehensive notes from John Allsopp's WE05 presentation
- Podcasting: the devastating lows, the dizzying highs, the creeeeeeeamy middles
- HTML, XHTML, semantics and the future of the web - transition to standards based markup
- 5 Questions - that every manager or decision maker needs to be asking their web development team.
- Plus ça change...... - with no improvements to IE6 dues until 2006, is the future of web standards bleak?
- Message to the messengers - props to the old school - to those who lit the flame and kept the fire burning in the early days of CSS
- An open letter to anyone tempted to use cracked software - who would install an executable from a complete stranger?
- A dao of web design - an old philosophy for the new medium
- The Banality of the Radical - why do all CSS designs have a certain saminess to them?
- The layout is dead, long live the layout - overwhelmingly good reasons to ditch tables for page layout
- Getting to grips with style sheets - some misunderstandings about style sheets and browser compatibility
- Web pages aren't printed on paper - adaptability is your friend
- Getting serious about compatibility - techniques for approaching a world of varying browser support for CSS